These activities are so engaging for teaching students the conversation skill of staying on topic and turn taking! Perfect for a classroom lesson plan or 2-3 social skills group counseling sessions or pragmatic skills therapy sessions.
Students are introduced to the importance of “staying on the conversation path” in a safari themed story and then practice this skill with whole group and partner activities. This worksheet-free lesson is both effective and engaging in helping students develop better conversation skills.
• Written lesson plan aligned to ASCA standards and CASEL competencies.
• Safari story in both printable and PPT formats (see full story in preview!)
• Modeling exercise
• Partner/small group practice game
• Whole group movement-based closing activity
• *Activity resources provided in color and blackline*