This empathy lesson was created to help our 2nd-4th grade students understand how to notice others’ feelings and show them they care. The acronym P.I.E. (Pay attention to how they are feeling, Imagine what you would feel and need, Express empathy!) plus a hands-on pie activity help to make it more concrete. The lesson includes relevant empathy scenarios for them to practice with in order to boost the transfer of skills from the lesson to real life!
- ASCA and CASEL-aligned lesson plan
- Slideshow that guides the lesson while teaching and modeling how to show empathy
- Whole group practice empathy activity
- Small group practice empathy activity
- Three extension practice worksheets
*Open the preview to see more details!*