Do your students need help understanding how coping skills can help? Do you need a way for them to believe coping skills are actually super helpful? This coping skills lesson is all about showing kids the power of coping skills so they choose to actually use them!
It was designed as a tier 1 classroom social emotional learning lesson (vs. an intervention) and works as a standalone lesson, or as part of a coping skills unit. It’s also a very useful lesson if you’re introducing a classroom calm corner!
Who is this resource for?
- School counselors, school social workers, classroom teachers – anyone delivering SEL lessons!
- It is recommended for students in 2nd-5th grades, but you know your students’ developmental levels and capabilities best
***Open the preview to see what’s inside!***
- Story-based hook
- Slideshow for introducing what coping skills and how they’re helpful
- Four corners reflection activity
- Discussion question task cards to use in cooperative learning activities like Ask-and-Switch
- Four different worksheets
- Closing questions and exit tickets