Do you have students that don’t quite understand what friendship is? This friendship SEL lesson guidance lesson is an interactive way to help students understand how to be a friend and healthy friendship traits. It also makes for an excellent companion to any picture book about friendship that you love for a social emotional learning extension.
This resource includes:
• Movement-based four corners intro activity to get students’ brains thinking about friendship
• Two short stories illustrating positive and negative friendship behaviors
• Friends DO vs. Friends DON’T sorting cards
• Five scenario prompts (“How can you be a friend when…?”) to use in centers/rotations or whole group discussion so students can practice generating ideas of
• PowerPoint slides to guide you through the lesson and provide visuals
• All materials also included in blackline
• Google Slides (TM) for an interactive whole group lesson and/or asynchronous independent activities in virtual learning
This isn’t just character education – this is research and skills based social emotional learning that helps students be the best they can be!
*Open up the preview for more details!*