We all want our students to become upstanders but like other social skils, this takes direct teaching, modeling, and practice. This anti-bullying lesson plan (standalone or paired with a mentor text) helps build positive classroom culture and community and gives students the opportunity to really learn and practice what it means to be an upstander.
This lesson plan includes:
• Brief opening ‘hook’ activity
• Discussion questions for three different mentor text options: Dare! by Erin Frankel, The Juice Box Bully by Maria Dismondy and Bob Soronson, and Say Something by Peggy Moss
• Interactive and collaborative activities for students to practice being an upstander. Includes 30 scenarios.
• Class pledge and student pledge cards.
• Exit Ticket for teacher/counselor to gauge mastery
**Open the preview for more details!**
Also Included In
Click below to save more than 20% by buying this resource bundled with other conflict resolution related lessons!