Ellen Javernick’s What If Everybody Said That? is an excellent read aloud for introducing students to the power of their words. This set of companion activities is great for students to continue making the connection between their words and their impact. It can be used for establishing positive classroom/schoolwide culture and community and for giving students practice with positive communication with their peers. There are a wide variety of activities included allowing you to pick what’s best for your group(s) or for extending the lesson over multiple days. This resource was created to be used by school counselors or classroom teachers.
• Complete ASCA and CASEL aligned lesson plan including discussion questions and think alouds for while you read
• Words and Consequences Matching Cards (3rd-5th)
• Discussion Question Task Cards (Ask-Ask-Switch 3rd-5th or Mingle-Partner-Chat for all grades)
• “What could you say…” Anchor Charts (all grades) or Centers (3rd-5th) with 36 scaffolding prompts
• Make Your Own Story Page (all grades)
• Exit Tickets, two options (3rd-5th)
*Open the preview for more details!*