These activities are the perfect companion to Julia Cook’s “Bubble Gum Brain” book on having a growth mindset. It includes a variety of different activities for you to choose from in making a lesson plan, depending on the needs of your students. These activities could also all be used and spread out over a classroom unit or small group counseling program.
• Written lesson plan aligned to ASCA standards and CASEL competencies
• Bubble gum vs. bricks sort (for activating prior knowledge with younger students, or for pre-teaching the concepts with ELL students)
• Discussion question game (for use whole group or small group)
• Bubble Gum Brain vs. Brick Brain sort
• Accordion book
• Bubble Gum Brain thought “wrappers”
• ‘What can your Bubble Gum Brain say in these situations?” sheet
Click below to save 25% by buying this resource bundled with 6 other Julia Cook Favorites!
What others are saying...
“Wow! What a great resource! My students LOVED the book and there were so many activities to use! We read the story a few weeks ago and did most of the activities and my students are still using the bubble gum brain language. This has been one of the best resources that I have purchased from TPT! Thank you!”
“These were such great activities to use with the book. I used the activities for social-emotional learning as well as developing vocabulary skills.”
“I have used this resource for the last couple of years. It really connects to growth mindset!”