These activities are the perfect companion to Julia Cook’s “Bubble Gum Brain” book on having a growth mindset. It includes a variety of different activities for you to choose from in making a lesson plan, depending on the needs of your students. These activities could also all be used and spread out over a classroom unit or small group counseling program.
• Written lesson plan aligned to ASCA standards and CASEL competencies
• Bubble gum vs. bricks sort (for activating prior knowledge with younger students, or for pre-teaching the concepts with ELL students)
• Discussion question game (for use whole group or small group)
• Bubble Gum Brain vs. Brick Brain sort
• Bubble Gum Brain thought “wrappers”
• ‘What can your Bubble Gum Brain say in these situations?” sheet
This resource is a set of companion activities to go along with the story “Bubble Gum Brain” by Julia Cook. The book is not included in this resource and needs to be purchased separately.
Open the preview for more details!
Also Included In
Click below to save 25% by buying this resource bundled with 6 other Julia Cook Favorites!