This executive functioning lesson was created to develop understanding and self-awareness around what executive functioning is, why it’s important, and how students use it every day at home and at school. It was designed as a tier 1 classroom social emotional learning lesson (vs. an intervention) and works as a standalone lesson, or as part of an executive functioning unit.
Who is this resource for?
- School counselors, school social workers, classroom teachers – anyone delivering SEL lessons!
- It is recommended for students in 3rd-5th grades, but you know your students’ developmental levels and capabilities best
***Open the preview to see what’s inside!***
This resource includes:
- Movement-based opener
- Slideshow for introducing and teaching what executive functioning is
- Partner or group puzzle activity (with worksheet option) for students to practice identifying relevant examples of executive functioning during the day
- Independent worksheet for developing self-awareness and self-reflection
- Executive functioning self-assessment
- Closing questions and exit ticket