This classroom coping skills resource is a great way to make emotional self-regulation a priority in your classroom, office, and/or school. It includes a centers-based lesson for teaching students how to use the different tools and strategies and visuals for your Peace Corner, Calm Corner, or Calm Down Corner, or Zen Den, or Take a Break Spot, or Cool Down Spot. This resource a great fit for trauma sensitive (or trauma informed) classrooms and is everything you need for a regulation station in your room. It was created with graphics and activities fit for upper elementary students to help them take care of their feelings at school!
• Scripted lesson plan for introducing to students
• Full-size signs and directions for 16 different coping skills, to hang as signs and/or use in centers
• Easy cut quarter page size visuals for each calming strategy
• Mazes (small for use with a pen/pencil and large for repeated use with a finger)
• 2 Puzzles with positive affirmations
• 2 Happy thoughts cue cards (gratitude and safe place)
• “Text about it” writing prompt
• Expectations page (with expectations pre-written or blank for you to write in)
• ’Travel sheet’ for students to reflect on the effectiveness of each coping strategy for themselves
• Visual communication board
• All materials also included in black and white!
*Open up the preview for more details!*
Also Included In
Click below to save 20% by buying this resource bundled with calm corner coping skills lapbook!